The last week of July was the fieldcampaign in Sauerland where we also dug three trenches for Subsurface Flow Measurement. This time we chose a mixed forest, clearcut and pasture site.
Upslope of the trenches we also drilled soilcores and sampled eDNA, water-soluble organic carbon and water stable isotopes in different soil layers. Per Trench we drilled 10 boreholes down to 2m. For my project covering isotopes we took about 12 samples from different depths, resulting in many Bags to analyse over the next weeks.
As we learned from our first campaig in Freiburg, all projects went way smoother and more efficient. It was really nice to continue working with the diverse range of people from different backgrounds in our Research Unit.